Friday, February 29, 2008

New Layout and lots of crazy fun

Here is my latest digi layout:



(click on it to see it bigger)




The past couple of weeks have been full of fun and friends. Valentine's day was great for JJ and Hannah, they both had school and loved exchanging Valentines with all their school mates and friends. Lance left a balloon bouquet and gift for each of us to find when we woke up. I had some treats for each of the kids as well.


Asher gobbled up all his candy and then went around trying to sneak the other kids' candy! He would grab a piece and run for it! By the time the kids got the candy back it was all squishy and melted so they just let him have it. He loved the bubbles too. Lance and I were able to go on a date to dinner and a movie. A big thank you goes out to Jake and Carolyn for sitting for the kids. We appreciate their willingness to watch the kids so much more since Jake's illness and recovery. My relief society lesson this month was on Elder Eyring's talk O' Remember, Remember from the last conference. He relates how he began keeping a journal of ways in which God's Hand had touched his life or his family's life each day. It brought home how incredibly blessed we are to have Jake in our lives. Every time he and Carolyn are able to attend our kids' sport or school event, every time they are able to babysit the kids, every time Jake is able to help Lance work on the basement - is evidence of God's Hand touching our lives for good. We are truly grateful to feel His love for us through the actions of others. The same is true for the time spent with my mother, our many close friends and other family members. We are grateful for your love! The highlight for me, was of course, the scrapbook sleepover at the Legacy center. I got lots of traditional scrapping done. It was great fun to have my friend Jen to chat with while I scrapped on Friday and Lance came on Saturday. Lance is working on his Alaska fishing trip photos. He comes and scraps with me about once a year, maybe twice and works on those photos from a trip he took before we had kids! It is taking him a while but hey, he is doing it all himself so it will definitely have more meaning to him and to future generations. I appreciate more than words can say how supportive he is of this crazy hobby of mine. I hope that I am half as supportive of the things he enjoys.


Lance and I have been struggling with the decision of which preschool to register Hannah for next fall. Jeanna's preschool has been great and JJ and Hannah have both enjoyed their experiences there but in the end we decided that Hannah needed a change. So we have registered her in a school district preschool located at an elementary not too far away. She will be going 4 days a week, 3 hours a day so this should be a good preparation for her kindergarten experience. I have asked the opinion of so many people who I trust and have high regard for but in the end the decision became a matter of prayer for both Lance and I.




The kids are always doing funny things (at least they are funny to us!). Here are a couple that might amuse . . .





Lance was in the bathroom with the door closed getting ready for bed the other night. His PJs were on the floor near the door. Suddenly they disappeared from under the door like a magician's magic act. Asher, who has tiny enough fingers to fit under the door, had snatched them away. He is always teasing. Asher also is obsessed with telephones. Several family members and friends can attest to the fact that he can send a text message or make a call from my cell phone while I am not looking. I, on the other hand cannot seem to send a text message to save my life!

The other day when Grandma J praised Hannah for something good she did - she announced that "I just came that way!" Well we all know that kids come with an innate desire to do good but it was a reminder that they are still so close to God.

JJ is thrilled that his kindergarten class is now focusing more on math. He has been known to pester me with addition and subtraction problems until I shout"go ask your father!". His teacher informed me that the class was working on some addition problems in a book, she asked if anyone knew the answer - JJ immediately said 32. His teacher went back and checked and he was right!
I hope his enthusiasm for math continues but I fear that I will not be able to help him with his homework. Good thing Grandpa Jake and Lance are good at math- he's not going to get much help from me!

I am Elinor Dashwood!


Take the Quiz here!

No comments:

Tags

1st day of school 2013 2014 2015 2016 4th of July 6th grade 6th grade valentine party 8th Activity days day camp Annie Anniversary April Aquarium archery Asher Asher's birthday August awards night backpacking ballroom ballroom dance band band concert baptism basement finished basketball Bean Museum Bear World beauty and the beast Bingo for Books birthday birthdays books Boys Night braces breakfast broken arm broken nose BYU football cabelas camping Charlie chicks children china China vacation choir christmas church clap out Clear Creek cornbellys crazy hair day cub scouts daddy mommy kid dates dance festival date nights dino museum Easter eggs family Father's day February field day firepit fireworks fishing foam day frog from cumorahs hill Frontrunner funnies gingerbread houses girls camp Grandparents gymnastics haircuts halloween hannah Hannah's birthday hapkido health High School Musical 2 High Uintahs hope of america indoor soccer Jackson Hole Jake Carolyn Anniversary January Jax Jeppson family jeremiah johnson JJ Jordan River parkway july June kids Lance Lance Madigan lasik last day of school legacy center legos Lehi Arts Council Lehi Roundup parade Lehi Roundup Rodeo Libby Living Planet Aquarium March May memorial day Mexico Vacation Mother's day Mouse movies Museum of Natural Curiosity musical theater new years ordination pack meeting palisades Payson Lakes payson temple pedicure pets Photos pinewood derby Pioneer day pool pool party preschool Princess Academy play Princess Ball PTA rain read across america recess relief society meeting reviews robotics s'mores Sand Hollow santa Sara school school graduation school year Schoolhouse rock science fair scout camp scouts scrapbooking Shrek sickies smores snow soccer spanish fork lights St. George St. Patricks Day state fair StemFest student of the month summer summer reading surgery swim lessons swimming swimming lessons swingset temple temple square thanksgiving timp cave Tracy Aviary traflga train show travel trip vacation valentines day veterans day work Yellowstone Zellers zoo