Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Hearts and sleepy heads

Valentines came and went at our house. Lots of love (and candy) was shared by all. Lance and I went out to dinner and a movie on Friday. It was good times. The dinner was free (maybe that is why it was so delicious!) and the movie (New in Town) was funny. Lance surprised me with a combo valentines/10 year anniversary gift of a cruise to the Mexican Riviera. I have always wanted to go on a cruise so I am so excited. We decided to bring the kids along too but we are keeping it a secret from them until we get there and they see the huge boat!! I think that keeping it a secret is going to be the hardest part! Also on Friday I helped out with JJ's class valentine party. Hannah had a class party too and was thrilled to receive a valentine from her "boyfriend" Nathan. That is all she really cared about. Asher just liked all the candy that was laying around.
Saturday we exchanged valentines. JJ spent hours this week creating special valentines for each of us. They included "lift the flaps" to reveal special messages! He is so creative! Later we took the kids to see the movie Bolt and then visited my mom.
Speaking of my mom, she finished up all her chemo this last week. It has been incredibly difficult but I am amazed at how strong she is. She is a little apprehensive to start radiation as it is again something new and different but I am sure that she will make it through this too. I think the greatest trial for her so far has been the isolation. She couldn't see the kids much the last few months as one or the other of them have been sick. I think she has been really lonely although she and I talk every day. I am really grateful to those of you who have taken the time to call and visit her. I know that she really appreciates each of you so much.
I just had to share this series of funny photos of Asher. I can't ever get him to smile or even look at the camera most days so since he has taken to falling asleep in odd places lately I have been snapping a photo here and there of him. Unfortunaly his scrapbook of this time of his life will probably consist of only photos of him sleeping or running away from the camera!
In the first photo Abby is still hoping that he will wake up and keep playing with her so she waits patiently with her toy on his leg.

2 comments:

c said...

What a cute boy! It is so funny to see the places and positions in which they finally conk out. When is your trip? How exciting!

Shenna said...

The pictures made me laugh! Too cute! I'm glad your mom is doing well!

Tags

1st day of school 2013 2014 2015 2016 4th of July 6th grade 6th grade valentine party 8th Activity days day camp Annie Anniversary April Aquarium archery Asher Asher's birthday August awards night backpacking ballroom ballroom dance band band concert baptism basement finished basketball Bean Museum Bear World beauty and the beast Bingo for Books birthday birthdays books Boys Night braces breakfast broken arm broken nose BYU football cabelas camping Charlie chicks children china China vacation choir christmas church clap out Clear Creek cornbellys crazy hair day cub scouts daddy mommy kid dates dance festival date nights dino museum Easter eggs family Father's day February field day firepit fireworks fishing foam day frog from cumorahs hill Frontrunner funnies gingerbread houses girls camp Grandparents gymnastics haircuts halloween hannah Hannah's birthday hapkido health High School Musical 2 High Uintahs hope of america indoor soccer Jackson Hole Jake Carolyn Anniversary January Jax Jeppson family jeremiah johnson JJ Jordan River parkway july June kids Lance Lance Madigan lasik last day of school legacy center legos Lehi Arts Council Lehi Roundup parade Lehi Roundup Rodeo Libby Living Planet Aquarium March May memorial day Mexico Vacation Mother's day Mouse movies Museum of Natural Curiosity musical theater new years ordination pack meeting palisades Payson Lakes payson temple pedicure pets Photos pinewood derby Pioneer day pool pool party preschool Princess Academy play Princess Ball PTA rain read across america recess relief society meeting reviews robotics s'mores Sand Hollow santa Sara school school graduation school year Schoolhouse rock science fair scout camp scouts scrapbooking Shrek sickies smores snow soccer spanish fork lights St. George St. Patricks Day state fair StemFest student of the month summer summer reading surgery swim lessons swimming swimming lessons swingset temple temple square thanksgiving timp cave Tracy Aviary traflga train show travel trip vacation valentines day veterans day work Yellowstone Zellers zoo