

Speaking of traditional scrapping - I am going to attend the Lehi Legacy Center July Scrapbooking Sleepover (wow that was a long name!). It is July 10 and 11. If anyone is interested in attending with me you can register online here. It is $20 ($18 if you are a Lehi resident) for both days and includes 2 meals. You can also register for individual days. I would love the company!
Our Relief Society is making a quilt to give away to someone in need and they asked for people to sew up some nine patch squares. At first I passed on this - I am not the skilled seamstress that my mom is. Then we had a RS lesson on being of service and I felt guilty so I decided to try and sew three of the patches. Lance hauled my dust covered sewing machine up from the basement and I set to trying to remember how my mom taught me to sew. I surprised myself and cranked out all three squares in a matter of 20 minutes. The points don't all match but the seams are pretty straight and they lay flat so I am happy! Guess sewing is just like riding a bike - you never really forget.
We took the kids to see Night at the Museum 2 today. It has some slightly funny moments but none of the sweet poignancy of the first film. It is certainly a renter if you have kids but not really a must see for the big screen, in my opinion. My opinion may be tainted by the fact that Asher was ready to go home about 20 minutes into the movie which made watching the movie fully difficult.

2 comments:
Oops, I responded on the bottom for the wrong post. I am tempted by the Lehi scrap thing...
I love the "Silly" page!!
Love the pages! Thanks for the heads up on the movie...we've been wondering if it was a big-screener or renter :D
Post a Comment