It's been a crazy couple of weeks. My mom has been in the hospital due to starting her chemo. After coming home and slowly recovering she made the decision to not continue chemo. It has been a difficult time for all of us involved in her care not to mention how emotional and difficult it has been for her. In the midst of all that life had to go on around our house. The merry go round doesn't stop for us to get off even when life gets tough. So in the last few weeks we have celebrated JJ's 10th birthday. It was a Star Wars themed party. I got some cute ideas from
Pintrest. Hannah is in rehersals for another play. She just loves doing plays - she loves the singing, the dancing and the acting. Her play will be the first week in November. She is playing a zebra in Whackadoo Zoo. With the cooler Fall weather comes all the fun corn/pumpkin patch places opening up. We decided to go with Grandma and Grandpa Madigan to CornBelly's at Thanksgiving Point. We haven't gone for a couple of years so it was fun to see what the kids enjoye

d now that they are a little older. JJ's summer drawing class from the Art Center was able to create a mural which is now installed at a bus shelter at what will be the Lehi commuter train stop at Thanksgiving Point. We got to go and take part in a little presentation with the Mayor and UTA reps. We are proud of what a good artist JJ is becoming. Lance headed down to St. George for a few days for a work conference. We always miss him while he is gone. Asher especially isn't the same until Daddy is back home. I decided to whip up a batch of Pumpkin Pie popcorn for the ladies I visit teach and the families that Lance home teaches. I didn't even get to taste it but hopefully it tasted good. Here is super easy recipe if you are interested in trying it out yourself.



Pumpkin Pie Popcorn1 cube butter - melt
add:
3/4 c brown sugar
1 T pumpkin pie spice
Bring to a boil and pour over popcorn.
It couldn't be easier! You can decide how concentrated you want the flavor by how much popcorn you use.
Happy Halloween!

2 comments:
Thank you for sharing your recipe! It was the bomb! I want to make it just for myself. I'll bring you some ;). Thanks for being a great friend. I'm grateful for you! xoxoxo
I'm do sorry to hear about your mom. What a difficult thing for your family. You're in my prayers. Thanks for sharing the popcorn recipe- I've never heard of it before but sounds delish!
Post a Comment