Fablehaven: Grip of the Shadow Plague by Brandon MullMy review
rating: 4 of 5 stars
This series just keeps getting better. I really enjoyed this installment of the Fablehaven series. There were more plot twists and new exciting creatures to discover. I still feel that Mull's character development needs a little work but with each new book he seems to flesh out his main characters a little better. I would have liked to see the Grandparents become less wooden and predictable - I want to know more of what they are feeling and thinking and see them surprise Kendra and Seth more as they did in the first book. Stronger supporting characters can make the book that much more interesting. Seth still drives me nuts but that is probably because he reminds me strongly of someone near and dear to my heart who drives me nuts too! Mull seems to enjoy bringing new wild and amazing creatures into the books which is fun and there were times that his descriptions made me feel like I was seeing and feeling exactly what the main characters saw and felt. All in all I am excited to read #4. I gave this one 4 stars for pure fantasy fun.
View all my reviews.
No comments:
Post a Comment