These Is My Words by Nancy E. TurnerMy review
rating: 5 of 5 stars
I really enjoyed this book. It kept me thinking about the stories I know of my pioneer ancestors. They were an amazingly tough bunch. I hope that I am never called on to endure the kind of heartache they had to endure. This certainly made me feel a bit guilty for complaining about any of the inconveniences I have- they are NOTHING compared to the physical hardships they survived. This book made grateful for husband and children and gave me a desire to make each day I have with them more full of love and happiness. I love that the author didn't make Sarah Prine out to be a saint. She had many moments of anger and frustration but despite that she was a good person and wanted to work on being better. It was also interesting to me to be reminded that so much of the problems we have today existed even back then. I could really relate to the main character even though she would have lived a hundred years before me. I loved her passion for life and learning and her fierce desire to stand up for what she felt was right. So many of us are much to afraid to do just that. I loved her relationship with Jack. It was great to take a peek into the past and feel like I am seeing it through the eyes of someone really living there.
View all my reviews.
2 comments:
YAY! So glad you liked it :)
This is on my to-read list. Thanks for the review.
Post a Comment