Saturday, March 12, 2011

12 Years and counting

Yesterday was mine and Lance's 12th anniversary. It is strange to look back and realize that 12 years ago we were just starting out on this amazing journey and our three kids were just a hope and a glimmer in our eyes. So much has changed and so much has stayed the same. We now call Lehi home and spend our days and weeks doing household chores, working and taking care of three rambunctious kids. Something that hasn't changed is how much we enjoy being together just talking and laughing. We are still each others best friend. I am so grateful that I get to take this eternal journey with Lance.

March 11, 1999

March 12, 2011
We celebrated our anniversary by going out to dinner at a fancy restaurant in the Gateway and going to Laser U2 at the Clarke Planetarium. Even though it rained we had a good time just being together.

We added a few new members to our household today! As Lance said - we are now outnumbered by our pets. Meet our "Ladies"!


JJ's chick is named Black Hole. He is planning to train it to spit fire and fly him to school and back.

Lance initially wanted to call his chick Nuggets but since it is black he has yet to come up with a name. I am sure that when he does it will be a doozie. I must say that although Lance has not been thrilled in the least that I wanted to do this he has helped and never said a outright no. He has made his distaste for this plan known but has helped along the way to make it happen because he knows how much I have wanted this for such a long time.

My chick is named Jane (for Jane Austen - for I am sure that she had chickens and would be honored that I named one my chicks after her - "the First Lady of Chick Lit"!


Asher's chick is named Chickey, imagine that! Literal as always Asher is quite proud of his little black chick with a white bum!


Hannah's chick already exhibits some of her same personality traits like staring off into space when it's dinner time and snuggling with anyone who is close by. Her name is Goldie.

1 comment:

Sarey1127 said...

Lance here -- just for the record, I have no experience with chickens (except eating them), so I wouldn't so much say resistance as reluctance. I am still wondering if we will look back and say "well, that was interesting", but as she said, Sara is so excited about this, how can I guy say no?

Tags

1st day of school 2013 2014 2015 2016 4th of July 6th grade 6th grade valentine party 8th Activity days day camp Annie Anniversary April Aquarium archery Asher Asher's birthday August awards night backpacking ballroom ballroom dance band band concert baptism basement finished basketball Bean Museum Bear World beauty and the beast Bingo for Books birthday birthdays books Boys Night braces breakfast broken arm broken nose BYU football cabelas camping Charlie chicks children china China vacation choir christmas church clap out Clear Creek cornbellys crazy hair day cub scouts daddy mommy kid dates dance festival date nights dino museum Easter eggs family Father's day February field day firepit fireworks fishing foam day frog from cumorahs hill Frontrunner funnies gingerbread houses girls camp Grandparents gymnastics haircuts halloween hannah Hannah's birthday hapkido health High School Musical 2 High Uintahs hope of america indoor soccer Jackson Hole Jake Carolyn Anniversary January Jax Jeppson family jeremiah johnson JJ Jordan River parkway july June kids Lance Lance Madigan lasik last day of school legacy center legos Lehi Arts Council Lehi Roundup parade Lehi Roundup Rodeo Libby Living Planet Aquarium March May memorial day Mexico Vacation Mother's day Mouse movies Museum of Natural Curiosity musical theater new years ordination pack meeting palisades Payson Lakes payson temple pedicure pets Photos pinewood derby Pioneer day pool pool party preschool Princess Academy play Princess Ball PTA rain read across america recess relief society meeting reviews robotics s'mores Sand Hollow santa Sara school school graduation school year Schoolhouse rock science fair scout camp scouts scrapbooking Shrek sickies smores snow soccer spanish fork lights St. George St. Patricks Day state fair StemFest student of the month summer summer reading surgery swim lessons swimming swimming lessons swingset temple temple square thanksgiving timp cave Tracy Aviary traflga train show travel trip vacation valentines day veterans day work Yellowstone Zellers zoo