Breaking Dawn by Stephenie MeyerMy review
rating: 3 of 5 stars
Another fun read from Stephanie Meyer. Although none of the books quite compare to the 1st novel for me - I enjoyed reading them all, including this one. I felt that it would have been a tighter more fast paced novel had it been edited down about 100 pages. There were times when I got bored with it and had to put it down. That said I found the story line intriguing and well thought out. The majority of things I didn't like about it are certainly based on my own tastes not on the quality of the story itself. The same is probably true of the things I did enjoy about it. I really liked the ending. It was very satisfying for me - it really seemed to sew up all the loose ends. I can leave Bella, Edward and Jacob feeling that they will continue to live on without me having to fantasize about what might happen next for them.
View all my reviews.
1 comment:
I very much agree with your review. I thought this book was interesting, but it definatley did not take the course I expected. I was frustrated that as with so many other series (Star Wars, Harry Potter...), that initailly are marketed as juvinielle fiction, they become inappropriate (in my opinion) for the same audience in the subsequent pieces. The characters "grow" and "mature" faster than the real time readers/viewers. Basically, I enjoyed it, but I was uncomforatable thinking of the many, many preteen and teenagers I know who were also reading it. And I wasn't completely satisfied with how tidily and conviently it all ended. But it was a fun ride.
Post a Comment