

Hannah was excited to have an impromptu playdate with her BFF Reganne. They looked so cute in thier dresses I just had to take some photos. Of course Reggy didn't want to slow down long enough for me to get many of her - so most of her's were blurry. They are cute though! It is so good for Hannah to play with a girl her own age. She is very used to just playing with JJ and JJ casts a big shadow, so to speak. I can see her blossoming into her own person this year - our preschool choice has been a good one so far. She is loving it which of course makes me happy too. JJ is doing a lot better on the playground. I spoke with one of the recess teachers and she told me that JJ only has troubles when he is provoked by other kids and that he is getting better about walking away. She said that she is glad that he will stand up for himself and that if she wants to get the truth of an incident then she asks JJ and he always tells the truth even if it implicates him. Can't say how much better this made me feel. Maybe I'm not failing completely as a parent. I know there will be rough days in the future but I am going to try and trust him more. I am proud of the progress he is making every day. I had a great time at my friend Missy's house the other night. We watched the movie "The Ultimate Gift." I have to say that I LOVED it and would highly reccommend it to EVERYONE! Missy watched it with her kids and then based several family home evenings on the 12 gifts portrayed in the film. Before some of you are turned off by thinking it is some preachy seminary film - it is funny, sarcastic and a little dark at times. And no it isn't an LDS film. Check out the trailer at: http://www.theultimategift.com/home.php?cid=4294967295&cat=home
My mom politely suggested the other day that we take the rest of my barbie stuff home for Hannah to play with. So we now have another couple of huge boxes, including a barbie house, tent, horse, bike, etc. to store. The kids were excited to play with them and pulled out all the stuff. What a huge mess. I didn't realize how much barbie stuff I had. And all of it is in pretty good condition. Of course once our kids get a hold of it - it won't be for long! Could the organizing fairy make a trip to my house?
1 comment:
I just watched the ultimate gift and it was so awesome! Thanks for the recommendation! I hadn't even heard about it before, but it was so good. It's so hard to find movies you feel good afterwards, but we loved it. Hope all goes well with your mom and you all get some rest!
Post a Comment