Book'>http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/248484.Book_of_a_Thousand_Days?utm_medium=api&utm_source=blog_review">Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon HaleMy'>http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/33760507?utm_medium=api&utm_source=blog_review">
My
review rating: 5 of 5 starsThis book quenched my thirst for something to read after the Twilight series. (a touch of the supernatural made this book that much more exciting) I would love to see Shannon add more books to this and make a series. Reading this book I could really see how the author's writing has improved. It seemed more sophisticated and the story more fleshed out then Princess Academy (which I really enjoyed too!). This book kept me reading and wondering what would happen next. It is interesting to compare and contrast the long-suffering life of Dashti with someone like Fanny Price of Mansfield Park. Both had a lot to put up with from people who were supposedly of higher rank or worth then them. It was also interesting to see how doing an honest day's work can change someone who has never worked a day in thier life. The self esteem that comes from working hard and accomplishing something is often forgotten. The themes of loyalty, unconditional love, patience and selflessness are illustrated here very skillfully. I loved the story and will read it again and again!
View'>http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/809611?utm_medium=api&utm_source=blog_review">View all my reviews.
These are some photos from Sunday at Mom's house.
No comments:
Post a Comment