Me in front of one of the Twilight trees.
Lance and I decided to try taking the kids to the Festival of Trees this year. We figured that they are getting old enough to enjoy looking at the trees and it would get us all in the Christmas mood. We did have a good time but the kids got tired of looking at the billions of trees fairly quickly. Hannah was fascinated by the kids that were dancing and singing on the stages. She would have been very happy just to sit there for hours and watch. JJ on the other hand was NOT interested in that. He, however, really enjoyed the gingerbread houses. Asher liked it all except when he was made to stay by mommy and daddy. He did his own dancing to the music that the kids on stage were dancing to. Lance and I had an indepth discussion on the pros and cons of the various popular color scheme for trees this year. I like the red, white and lime green look if it is done in a wimsical way or the rustic dark red and almost black green with cream. Lance likes the primary colors or very traditional red white and green look. So our tree this year is going to be done in jeweltone red and white with lots of bling! Maybe we will get it up before Christmas rolls around or maybe not! I have come to the conclusion that I am just not much of a decorator. My favorite parts were the couple of "Twilight" trees and gingerbread house made to look like Bella's house complete with Edward in the tree outside her window! Ya I am a freak! So I finished reading Midnight Sun this week and am waiting, and hanging on the hope that Stephenie Meyer really is finishing it as her website says. My family thinks I have gone a bit crazy. I don't know what the big deal is - I have only re-read the entire series since seeing the movie 2 weeks ago, seen the movie a second time and read Midnight Sun and screamed involuntarily when I saw a commercial for the movie. I would really love to see the movie in IMAX - not sure if it is available that way. I don't care if the actors are total dunces in real life (as I am afraid that they are) just give me my fantasy and no one will get hurt!
1 comment:
You're hilarious. I would have re-read the series, had I have actually owned the books. Instead, I read them in 2 days during our Flagstaff vacation in August. It's probably for the best, since I can't put them down once I start them and my kids would be neglected all day.
Post a Comment