Christmas Day was bitter sweet. Lance went to pick up my mom first thing in the morning so she could see the kids open thier presents. She was not feeling well by the time he got there and decided not to come after all. Lance got back and the kids were disappointed not to see Grandma. They were excited to open thier presents though so that is what they did and had a great time at it! Our main gift was the Wii. The kids have been playing it pretty much non stop since we got it hooked up. Hannah had asked for a microphone so she got Disney Sing It for the Wii which came with a microphone. But the game that really is the funnest for all of us to play (except for Asher) is the Lego Star Wars Wii game. It is addicting! I am the first to proclaim that I am not a gamer in any sense of the word - not even good at card or board games! But I have enjoyed the few times I got to play the Lego Star Wars and the Sing it games. Yesterday I came down with some kind of stomach flu and spent the entire day in bed or in the bathroom. Today I am a little better but still feeling a bit weak and blah so I missed out on the Madigan family get to gether today. I didn't think it would be nice to share this with the family if I am still contagious. Hannah's birthday is coming up on Monday and I am totally stumped on what to do for a party. I have had her presents for about a month now but I just can't figure out something fun and somewhat inexpensive to do for her party. I really don't want to have it here at our house if I can find somewhere else to do it. Ideas are alway welcome!









3 comments:
It was good to hear about your Christmas. It is kids that really make Christmas. What would we do without them. The Wii is addicting. My kids are loving it. I am sorry your mom isn't feeling well. She is such and amazing person and I think so much of her. I remember her cheerfulness and her great love for you. I would love to get together with you sometime. Sometime I am down that way I will have to call. I would love to scrapbook with you. I am more a digital scrapbooker. Unfortunately it doesn't come easy for me. You have such a creative talent. Have a great new year.
Jenn
I love the nerf gun with sunglasses pix! You will love the Wii. Ours has been a great family activity (and piece of bribery) for the few months we've had ours. So neat about your aunt being "Ellen".
I LOVED that Chrismas story about your aunt. It made me cry!! I put it with my Christmas stuff so I can read it every year!!
Do my mom and Charlie always match like that? If so, I will be having a conversation with my mom...... HA!
Post a Comment