Saturday was Hannah's baptism day. She has been waiting for the day ever since JJ turned 8 and was baptized. It was a great day surrounded by the people we love and who love us. Family and friend support is such a big deal to me and I am always grateful when people make the effort to come to these special events. My kids are really blessed to have some great role models in their lives and when those role models show up to an event like a baptism it just really makes a big impression on my kids. Baptisms are always a time of reflection on the things you learned at your own baptism and even if you aren't living up to the promises you made then it makes you ponder that day and the feelings you had. Hannah shared with me that she felt the warm feeling of the Spirit. I know that the Holy Ghost was testifying to her that she made the right decision but what she knows is that choice made her feel good inside. For me one of the greatest things about watching my kids be baptized is seeing my wonderful husband exercise his priesthood power on their behalf. I am always grateful for the choices I made that brought me to him. My greatest hope for my daughter is that she will try to honor the promises she made on Saturday throughout her life because I know they will bring her happiness and they will bring good things and people into her life. That is the recipe for a happy life.
This was a stake baptism so there was another little girl from our ward who was also getting baptized that day. She is a good friend of Hannah so it made it even more special to share that moment with the Jacksons. There was nothing quite so beautiful as seeing those two girls dressed in gorgeous white dresses, holding hands - smiling at each other.
After the baptism family and friends came over to the house for a luncheon. We were reminded yet again that our house is not built for entertaining. We were wall to wall people and there really wasn't THAT many people here. But everybody was patient and perched anywhere they could. I thought it was funny that one of our kids asked if were going to go to Charlie's for the luncheon - Charlie's house is just so perfect for entertaining that we have nearly every family get-together there. The kids are just used to that now. We were all grateful that my mom could make it to the baptism. The cancer is continuing to take it's tole on her. She is now using oxygen now and then and having more and more difficulty walking. She is very sad most of the time and just really want this to be over but she wanted to hang on until Hannah was baptized. I am so sad that she won't be here in body to see Asher take this big step but I know she will be with us in spirit.



1 comment:
Great photos! What a wonderful day, and congratulations again to Hannah!
My heart goes out to you and your family as your mother prepares to take this very next important step in her eternal progression. I'm glad she was able to be with Hannah for her important step.
Post a Comment