At the beginning of a new year lots of people resolve to make changes in their lives. Resolutions are really just choices we make hoping to make our lives happier. I have started many a new year with and without resolutions. Did these resolutions change my life for the better? At all? Maybe . . . once or twice. So what changes should I make this year that will bring me more happiness or at least a less stressful life. I have been thinking about changes I would like to make since early December. There are those changes I know I should make (eating better, exercising more, cleaning my house more frequently) and those that would be fun to make (scrapbook a page a day, take more photos, watch more Penguins of Madagascar). So what changes would give me the most bang for my buck? I am still not sure. One change that is happening this year wasn't really my choice although I am excited about it. I have a new calling as the second counselor in the primary presidency. I enjoy teaching in relief society but I have been doing it for about 6 years now so I was really ready for a change. I have never done anything other than be a teacher in primary so this should be a real learning experience. The part I think I am the most worried about it the interaction with the ward members. I really am a very shy person so walking the minefield that is the ward membership is pretty scary to me. This ward is full of members related to members related to other members and lots of "interesting" personalities. I guess I wanted to fit in better with the ward so the Lord gave me this opportunity to get to know more people. I already know I really like a LOT of the kids - there really are some special kids in this ward. I am excited to get to know them better. I have already been pounced on by some of the activity day teachers so my biggest challenge may be in using tact and diplomacy to help everyone feel good about their callings. My last experience in a presidency was pretty heinous so I am going into this wanting to make sure I don't make the same mistakes again. I know it will be different just because the other ladies in the presidency are different from my other experience. I just don't want to be doomed to repeat the same mistakes again and again. So some of this years goals relate to my new calling.
2012 Resolutions
( in no particular order)
- 20 minute scripture study per day
- weekly menu plan
- 30 minute workout daily
- 1 scrapbook page a week
- weekly blog posts
- weekly cleaning plan
- one on one time with kids each week
1 comment:
Great goals. Doable, too! That's what makes them so great!
Post a Comment