So I looked back and noticed that I hadn't update on the chickens in a while. They are currently laying quite nicely due to Lance putting a lamp into the chicken house to wake them up early in the morning. Lance also put in a heat lamp so they are pretty much the most pampered chickens on the block and that is saying something since we have quite a few neighbors who keep chickens. I am hoping to get 4 more chicks this spring to round out our flock to an even 10. I am not sure Lance would agree but I don't regret getting the chickens one bit. Even if caring for them in the winter isn't always a cake walk. Blowing chicken poop is not fun! I haven't taken pics of them lately because the weather has been yucky but I am going to post some pics I took at the end of summer.
 |
| Hannah and her friend Alexis with Hannah's chicken Goldie - she is a Buff Orpington |
 |
| My chicken Jane Austen and JJ's chicken Black Hole - Jane is a Silver Laced Wyandotte, Black Hole is a Plymouth Barred Rock |
 |
| Hannah with Lance's chicken Roc - she is an Australorp |
 |
| Grandma J's chicken Princess Buttercup - she is either a Sicilian Buttercup or a Golden Campine |
 |
| Asher's chicken Chickie right after laying the egg at her feet - she is Black Star |
So here's my wish list for the new chickies. I would like a Gold Laced Wyandotte to go along with my Jane. I would also like a chicken that lays green or blue eggs so that would be an Ameraucana or Easter Egger. A Rhode Island Red might be nice too. You just don't know what the feed stores are going to get in until you go there. I am leery to try and order them online.
1 comment:
Didn't know you had such a rainbowed variety of chicks at your house. They're all beautiful!
Post a Comment