Monday, December 15, 2014

Random November Happenings

November was a busy month as usual.  It started out not so great with Asher's scooter being stolen at school.  It was a real head scratcher too because it was his old scooter that although it worked well was not too pretty.  I bought him a new one and he and Hannah are now much more vigilant about trying to lock up the bikes and scooters at the school.  Locking a scooter is rather difficult as there is really nothing the put the lock through to secure it.  
 November is the time to get out and vote.  I didn't feel as prepared to make a good decision on the candidates as I should have been but I did my best and civic duty. I want to set an example to my kids of caring about my community and trying to make a difference - no matter how small.
 Have I mentioned that this cat sleeps in the weirdest positions?  Generally on his back with his paws up above his head.  He obviously has now fear of predators since he is totally vulnerable in this position.  I admit I do poke him in the belly sometimes just because. ;)


He also really likes water.  He plays in the tub after someone has taken a shower and there is still water in spots.  He plays in the sink and doesn't mind getting wet.
 Hannah participated in another play at the Lehi Art Center.  She was Slim in Oklahoma.  There are rarely enough boys to play all the parts needed so she some times ends up playing a boy part.  She didn't mind because it meant she got a little speaking part.  I don't think her passion for theater is something she is going to get bored of or grow out of.  She still loves it so much!

 I had to take a picture of this handsome boy.  He drives me crazy most days but I can see how much he has matured in recent months.  He is wearing his dad's sweater in this picture.  Lance isn't too thrilled that JJ is now raiding his closet for ties and other clothes.
 Our family is over the moon to have a new little cousin to love.  We can't wait to meet Dean in person and give him lots of hugs and kisses.  Congrats to some of our very most favorite people - Mary and Wes!
 I got to go with Asher on a field trip this month!  His grade was invited to attend a ballet performance of Pinocchio at the Covey Center in Provo.  I think that it was a little over the heads of most of the 2nd graders but I LOVED it!  The ballet was extremely well done and the costumes were amazing.  I am glad that I had this opportunity.



 More photos of this silly cat.  He likes to sit on my lap and makes himself right at home.  He makes my days at home not so lonely. Not that he is the only pet around. He just is very lovey dovey and he makes me smile!


 Asher got hit in the face with a ball or something at recess and that pushed his glasses in to his face, cutting his eye a little bit.  He had a bit of a black eye for a little while too.  Ah the perils of playing at recess.

No comments:

Tags

1st day of school 2013 2014 2015 2016 4th of July 6th grade 6th grade valentine party 8th Activity days day camp Annie Anniversary April Aquarium archery Asher Asher's birthday August awards night backpacking ballroom ballroom dance band band concert baptism basement finished basketball Bean Museum Bear World beauty and the beast Bingo for Books birthday birthdays books Boys Night braces breakfast broken arm broken nose BYU football cabelas camping Charlie chicks children china China vacation choir christmas church clap out Clear Creek cornbellys crazy hair day cub scouts daddy mommy kid dates dance festival date nights dino museum Easter eggs family Father's day February field day firepit fireworks fishing foam day frog from cumorahs hill Frontrunner funnies gingerbread houses girls camp Grandparents gymnastics haircuts halloween hannah Hannah's birthday hapkido health High School Musical 2 High Uintahs hope of america indoor soccer Jackson Hole Jake Carolyn Anniversary January Jax Jeppson family jeremiah johnson JJ Jordan River parkway july June kids Lance Lance Madigan lasik last day of school legacy center legos Lehi Arts Council Lehi Roundup parade Lehi Roundup Rodeo Libby Living Planet Aquarium March May memorial day Mexico Vacation Mother's day Mouse movies Museum of Natural Curiosity musical theater new years ordination pack meeting palisades Payson Lakes payson temple pedicure pets Photos pinewood derby Pioneer day pool pool party preschool Princess Academy play Princess Ball PTA rain read across america recess relief society meeting reviews robotics s'mores Sand Hollow santa Sara school school graduation school year Schoolhouse rock science fair scout camp scouts scrapbooking Shrek sickies smores snow soccer spanish fork lights St. George St. Patricks Day state fair StemFest student of the month summer summer reading surgery swim lessons swimming swimming lessons swingset temple temple square thanksgiving timp cave Tracy Aviary traflga train show travel trip vacation valentines day veterans day work Yellowstone Zellers zoo